Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 June 2011

BEWARE MOBILE CALLS

New Mobile Scam- Please circulate among your family and contacts.,

This happened in Mumbai......
It all started when I received a call from someone claiming that he
was from my mobile service provider and he asked me to shutdown my
phone for 2 hours for 3G update to take place. As I was rushing for a
meeting, I did not question and shutdown my cell phone. After 45
minutes I felt very suspicious since the caller did not even introduce
his name. I quickly turned on mycell phone and I saw several missed
calls from my family members and the others were from the number that
had called me earlier - 3954380.I called my parents and I was shocked
that they sounded very worried asking me whether I am safe. My parents
told me that they had received a call from someone claiming that they
had me with them and asking for money to let me free. The call was so
real and my parents even heard 'my voice' crying out loud asking for
help. My parent was at the bank waiting for next call to proceed for
money transfer. I told my parents that I am safe and asked them to
lodge a police report. Right after that I received another call from
the guy asking me to shutdown my cell phone for another 1 hour which
refused to do and hung up. They keep calling my cell phone until the
battery had run down. I myself lodged a police report and I was
informed by the officer that there were many such scams reported. MOST
of the cases reported that the victim had already transferred the
money! And it is impossible to get back the money. Be careful as this
kind of scam might happen to any of us!!! Those guys are so
professional and very convincing during calls. If you are asked to
shut down your cell phone for updates by the service provider, ASK
AROUND! Your family or friends might receive the same call.
Be Safe and Stay Alert! Please pass around to your family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment