Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 30 September 2026

MY MEMORABLE TRIP TO SANDIP UNIVERSITY NASHIK FOR SEMINAR ON NATIONAL SECURITY AND --

 My Memorable Visit to Sandip University

Dear Dr. Nidhi Pandya,

 

I would like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt gratitude to you and the entire organizing committee of the Department of Forensic Science, School of Science, Sandip University, Nashik, for inviting me as a guest speaker during"Meraki 4.0 - Forensic Science Week 2026" held on 30 September 2026.

 

The event itself was impressive and inspiring. The spirit of MERAKI, dedicated to encouraging forensic excellence and the pursuit of truth and justice, was clearly reflected in every aspect of its organization and execution.

 

My visit to Sandip University will remain one of my most memorable academic engagements. It was both a privilege and a pleasure to interact with such an enthusiastic gathering of students and faculty members.

 

Over the last four decades, I have had the honour of serving the nation through the Indian Army. I have commanded soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir and have personally witnessed the realities of terrorism, infiltration, proxy warfare, and information warfare. However, when I stood before your students, I did not wish to deliver a conventional military lecture.

 

Instead, I wanted to speak about something that directly connects to their future profession.

 

I told them that although they may never wear a military uniform, may never carry a rifle, and may never stand guard at the Line of Control, they can still become powerful contributors to India's security.

 

They can become the silent warriors of national security.

One of the central messages of my interaction was that:

"Forensic Science is powerful, but it is not magic."

As forensic technologies become more advanced, criminals, terrorists, and hostile actors become increasingly sophisticated in their attempts to defeat those technologies.

 

Therefore, the future of national security will depend upon highly skilled professionals equipped with expertise in Blockchain Analysis, Cryptocurrency Forensics, Network Analysis, Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, and Digital Intelligence Operations. The students of today will be the frontline forensic experts of tomorrow.

 

I was deeply touched by the warmth and professionalism shown by the entire organizing team. I would especially like to thank Mr. Pritam Pandit and Mr. Abhishek Rai,Ms Prerana who coordinated my travel from Pune to Nashik and back with remarkable efficiency and care. Their attention to detail ensured a completely smooth and comfortable experience.

 

The hospitality extended to me was exceptional. From my reception at the hotel to my arrival at the seminar venue and throughout the event, every arrangement reflected professionalism, dedication, and genuine warmth.

 

A special word of appreciation is due to the technical team. The PowerPoint presentation and audiovisual support provided during my lecture were flawless. Their efforts significantly enhanced the impact of my presentation on national security.

 

I was equally impressed by the manner in which the programme was conducted. The introduction by the Master of Ceremonies was gracious and thoughtful, while the overall coordination of the event reflected the hard work and commitment of the organizing committee.

 

The response of the students and faculty members to my presentation was truly heartwarming. They listened with great attention and displayed tremendous curiosity throughout the session. Their engagement was evident not only through their attentive participation but also through the insightful questions they raised.

 

In fact, had time permitted, the interactive session could easily have continued for another hour. The eagerness of the students to understand contemporary security challenges was genuinely encouraging.

 

Many students and faculty members met me individually after the lecture to discuss various aspects of national security. Their enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity gave me great confidence in the future of our country's academic community.

 

I must confess that I was particularly touched when numerous students and faculty members requested photographs with me after the session. Such gestures carry great emotional value. For a soldier who has spent much of his life serving in remote and difficult environments, such appreciation is both humbling and deeply motivating.

 

The opportunity to interact with you, Dr. Nisar A. Reshi, and other members of the faculty over dinner was equally rewarding. Our discussions went beyond formalities and evolved into stimulating exchanges of ideas. Such intellectual conversations are among the most valuable outcomes of academic events.

 

I was particularly delighted that you enabled me to speak with your father. His dedicated work in community service and border management initiatives in Gujarat is highly commendable. Citizens like him make a quiet yet important contribution to strengthening our nation's security. His commitment is a wonderful example of responsible citizenship.

 

I have left a few copies of my books on national security for your department. These books cover subjects such as coastal security, Operation Sindoor, illegal migration, Pakistan-sponsored terrorism, and various aspects of India's internal and external security challenges. I hope they will serve as useful reference material for students and faculty members alike.

 

I shall also be sharing links to my YouTube channel and blog, where I regularly write and speak on issues related to national security and strategic affairs. I hope these resources will help interested students further expand their understanding of these critical subjects.

 

A special mention must be made of your faculty members. While they are already accomplished experts in their respective fields, what impressed me most was their eagerness to learn from visiting speakers and engage with new ideas. This humility and commitment to continuous learning will undoubtedly help them become even more effective educators and mentors in the years ahead.

 

It was also a pleasure to meet Dr. Nisar A. Reshi, who hails from Sopore in Kashmir. Having spent nearly one-fourth of my life serving in Jammu and Kashmir, our conversation naturally became deeply engaging and personally meaningful.

 

In conclusion, my visit to Sandip University was professionally rewarding, intellectually stimulating, and personally enriching. I returned with fond memories, renewed optimism, and a deep appreciation for the passion and professionalism displayed by the faculty, students, and organizing team.

 

Please convey my sincere thanks and best wishes to everyone associated with the successful conduct of this wonderful event.

 

I look forward to receiving the photographs and recording of the session, which will serve as cherished reminders of a truly memorable interaction with all of you.

 

Thank you once again for this honour, your friendship, and your gracious hospitality. I look forward to future opportunities for academic collaboration and interaction with the faculty and students of Sandip University.

With warm regards,

Brigadier Hemant Mahajan, YSM
Indian Army

No comments:

Post a Comment