Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 July 2024

Djokovic spoke about what it takes to be at the top of the sport for so long after beating Musetti to reach Wimbledon final

“You first reached a grand slam final in 2007. Give us an insight into the discipline it takes to remain at the top of the sport for this long..”


Novak: “We don’t have that much time to talk about it 😂 everyone wants to have that secret potion or formula of success. What’s that one thing that defines a champion.. that allows you to be the best at what you do and also stay there as long as you possibly can. There’s no such thing as a secret. We heard so many athletes throughout the history talk about hard work. I’m more a fan of smart work. In my case what worked.. I’ve seen some of the incredible champions in the last 50 years in different sports that I think have a lot of similarities with my journey. Which is adversity. Things that don’t come easy your way. It’s something that really defines your character and strengthens your will. You have to turn your lifestyle into tennis. It’s a very demanding sport. It’s an individual sport. You have no one to replace you. You have one to rely on. Yes I have team members but I have to find solutions by myself on court. If you have a bad day that’s it. You’re out of the tournament. There’s a lot of hours off the court that go into it. Quality of sleep. Nutrition. Management of thoughts. Your surrounding. Everything has an effect on how you perform on court. It’s quite easy as well (smiling).”

No comments:

Post a Comment