Total Pageviews

Tuesday 4 February 2014

SATYA NADELA INDIAN CEO MICROSOFT ACHIEVEMENT PAR EXCELLENCE

Two recent happenings have forced me to share my thoughts with you. One is great achievement by an Indian and other is saying No to the Boss by an American. First things first, Satya Nadella has become the third CEO of Microsoft. He is a 46 years old lad from Hyderabad who came here to study. He takes over from Steve Ballmer, whose worth is 18 billion dollars. Why I am talking about Steve is because everyone knows about Bill Gates, whose charity alone runs into billions of dollars. More important than the money is the organization which has affected life of each one of us, at least all those who are reading this Email. Though lately Apple has beaten the shit out of Microsoft, yet it is difficult to keep the Giant down for long. They made the computing so simple that all old foggies can handle it with ease. Satya is no relation to Bill, he is a young South Indian an Andhrite. When I came here I was amazed to see IT full of people from Andhra Pradesh. Though it shoudn't have surprised me much as I was exposed to Telugu's brain power, when I served in DGNP Vizag from 87 to 92. Some of you may be surprised hearing of 5 years tenure, well the Navy took a liking for me and I have never understood logic of short tenures. By the time one learns tricks of the trade, it is time to pack bags. Nancy Kopp, the State Treasurer of Matyland, where I live, refused to agree to the Governor who had appointed her. The Governor wanted to take out 100 million from State Pension Fund, which was not palatable to the Treasurer. I am sure saying No the Boss may be happenig at many places, why I learnt this is because I get affected by this decision. I have attached the news clip for the inquisitive. When I look back, I realize in horror that if my subordinate had disagreed with me, I would have kicked his/her booty. I don't know why we fail to listen to disagreement. I was kind of saddened by CB episode. I hardly read his mail as it it is so onesided, but not allowing him to express his views seems like an aberation on one's right of freedom of speech. we should perhaps let go of rigidity as rigidity is only good in bedroom. If we are passionate about change, then we should be ready to hear differing views and reward people on merit irrespective of race, religion, ethnecity, sex, language etc. as in the case of Satya Nadella.

No comments:

Post a Comment