Total Pageviews

Friday 22 February 2019

TOUCHING POEM-God is Dad with You?-Sailee Brahme



I saw her crying
I didn’t know why
Did the teacher scold Mom
Like she does when I don’t try?

Why are there so many people?
I don’t understand
And all of them seem to come
And hold Mom’s hand

Some give me a hug
They all seem teary eyed
They come, weep and go
As I stand to one side

All the uncles are in uniform
Have they just come from school too?
But I don’t see Daddy around
Maybe the crowd won’t let him pass through

I want Mom and Dad
But Grandpa takes me away
Picks me up in his arms
And begins to pray

I see a box then
But not what is inside
Daddy is still not here
We were to go for a ride

He promised he would come back soon
I wish he would hurry up
I feel lonely without him
Although Mom’s always tried to make up

For the time we have spent apart
For the days he was away
She said he was everybody’s hero
But I just want him to come back and stay

I see a coloured cloth now
I have seen this somewhere before
The three colours look familiar
This is our national flag I’ve been told

But what is beneath it
Nobody is letting me see
It seems like everybody knows what’s wrong
Everybody, except me

I run to Mom, she hugs me tight
And starts crying once more
I have never before seen her like this
She looks lost with eyes red and sore

I spot Dad’s picture
Why am I not in it?
There are so many flowers there
And a few candles lit

Mom said Dad’s not coming back
I know I should not have asked
But I could not wait anymore
I don’t remember when I saw him last

It has been a few days
There is no longer a crowd
The house is quiet
But even the neighbourhood isn’t loud

At school we mourned a fallen soldier
Mom what does ‘Mourn’ mean?
I feel like I am in the middle
Of a long and unpleasant dream

God did you take Dad away?
Is he now with you?
Please tell him I miss him
And Mom does too

Tell him we are lonely without him
And that he will always be with us
Don’t worry about the family
We are doing what we must

We are sad but we are strong
Mom tells me every day
But God I would really like to meet Daddy again
Even if it is just for a day!


No comments:

Post a Comment