Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 January 2019

Shared by another proud Fauji Sister Adrija Sen

Shared by another proud Fauji Sister  Adrija Sen

Yesterday the movie "URI-THE SURGICAL STRIKE " was released. I am yet to see the movie. But I have seen a hero who has been there, done all of that. And I am lucky to call him my brother. When all of us are 200% charged up, he had told next day of THAT DAY "bas didi shaam ko thora kaam tha jo kar ke aye they".

It was not his first time. Neither was it last for him. As I write this under a cosy blanket, he is healing from a bullet injury in his thigh. And guess what, he had taken these bullets to save some ungrateful journalists of my country. I asked him just now how he is and he said "trying to run slowly".

He is bravest of the brave. But he has someone braver than him whose constant support keeps him running. His wife, his life partner, his best half. Every time he leaves home for an operation, she stands strong behind him taking care of their 2 year old son. And she does all that with a beautiful smile. When he had got bullets in his thigh, I was panicked. I called her up and she told me with amazing grace, dignity and calmness that she is on the way to hospital to meet him with their son. I asked her with awe "How can you be so strong dear?" She had uttered "I have no other choice didi". My brother received 2 gallantry awards till date in this very young age for his exceptional bravery . But his wife's bravery though unsung is unparalleled. Seeing her strength I feel ashamed to crib about my life.

Why I thought to write all these things today in this odd hours? Yesterday when the movie URI was released and the nation was busy celebrating it, we had lost two men in uniform in a mine blast in Rajouri. And our brother had a sleepless night due to the pain of losing a compatriot. This is a feeling only men in uniform will understand. As we celebrate the surgical strike, the surgical strike hero mourns the martyrdom of his compatriot and says "fauji hai hum, hum log gumnaam hi thik hai didi"

No comments:

Post a Comment